Friday, December 24, 2004

MazeSolver

It was a difficult problem to find a shortest path in a 2D Maze. During my second year exams, I got a mail in which I was asked to write a program for this. I started to think but first no solution could come into my mind, but soon I thought that this could be done using graphs. The maze is similar to a graph, with every element of the maze (node) adjacent to its left, right, top and bottom nodes. After this I applied simple breadth first search to find the shortest path.

2 Comments:

At January 19, 2005 at 12:16 PM , Blogger Whiz Kid said...

Tell this to ZQ, he'll be extremely happy to hear this! I'm sure this will serve as a great example to the new students. See if you can prepare a ratta-able tutorial for it! :)

 
At February 13, 2005 at 7:28 AM , Blogger Syed Mehroz Alam said...

by the way, dont you think my article can serve as a tutorial for this...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home