Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Silverlight article posted at CodeProject

At last, I was able to complete and post my article: "My First Data Application in Silverlight" at CodeProject here: http://www.codeproject.com/KB/silverlight/MySilverlightDataApp.aspx
This one is a detailed article intended for beginners starting Silverlight. It discusses how data from a database can be retrieved and displayed in a silverlight application. It discusses how LINQ objects are returned using a WCF service and consumed in a silverlight application. On the layout side, it looks at the ListBox and DataGrid and provides an introduction to the data templates too. I think that most of the silverlight programmers have past experience of ASP.NET so I also discussed the similarities between ASP.NET and Silverlight. I hope people will find this article beneficial.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home